Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Patch



Yesterday we ventured out to "the patch." Chico is severely lacking in fun family pumpkin patches if you ask me but we found one that sufficed. We went out to the Garner Ranch pumpkin patch and it was a good use of an hour in the late afternoons that can most days be pretty grueling. Anna fed the goats, pet the horse, attempted to laso a fake bull, climbed on hay bails and ultimately found the perfect pumpkin. The babes slept through most of it and all in all it was a great quick trip. It was dead quiet which gave Anna plenty of room to run wild.



In baby land, Daniel is still such a love. He had a really fussy day and is chewing chewing chewing on his hands. Just no teeth yet. He's scooting, rolling and just loves to be held lately. He's not a fan of me leaving the room either. He's compliant with eating just about everything but isn't wild about eating like his baby sister. As for Abby, she gets happier by the day, she had a pretty happy day today, took a great nap and has now gone from one tooth to 5 in about a week and a half. Overall, she's been getting teeth like a champ. She is rolling everywhere, loves to play with toys, and loves to eat anything and everything she is fed. The babes still aren't sleeping well. They go down about 7pm and wake up around 1am then around 4 and up again at 7. Maybe that's great but it just doesn't feel like it at all. Peter and I are beyond exhausted. I hold on to the knowledge that these littles do grow up so fast and soon enough it'll be gone and we'll be looking back at this time realizing how great it really is. It's hard to believe the littles are 7 months old already and by big girl is talking, singing full songs and drawing full pictures of "Mia."



I was so proud this morning picking her up from preschool when her teacher told me she was "way ahead" of the other kids her age. She drew a picture a couple nights ago of "Mia." I need to find where I put it and want to take a picture of it. She drew a circle for a face, put eyes, nose and lips in the correct position inside the circle then drew a line for a body and I think another line for an arm. I asked her what she drew and she said, "Mama, I drew a Mia." I was so impressed. She's singing songs with the full lines now instead of singing just bits and pieces. One of her favorites being, "A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep" from Cinderella. She used to sing it so much and it used to go, "A dream is a wish heart makes, when you're fast a dream." She is just such a love and so fun! Full of adventure and loves to learn.

No comments: