This morning, Anna said to me before church that she had boobies "just like you mama" to feed her baby. I'm sure this is just the beginning of "questions" and "observations" I'm sure. Then, she proceeded to show me how to feed a baby with her boobies. Pretty cute if you ask me, and if you ask her, she'd tell you she had it figured all out. Boy do I wish I just had to "feed" her baby sometimes, the babes are all over the place while nursing lately and Abby has taken to biting at times ): I then asked her what her baby's name was. She's been refusing to give it a name and I've been waiting for something original. Well, today her baby's name was bubba. Bubba Lou actually. Probably because that is what I call Daniel sometimes. Mainly just Bubba but sometimes Bubba Lou, I don't know where it comes from but he seems to like it. I love the sweet moments with my big girl in the mornings. After breakfast, we rushed out the door to church and then came back home for some homemade tomato soup and grilled cheese.
I was super excited it turned out! I am usually sadly in love with the canned tomato soup that Campbell's does so well.....and honestly, I really don't like tomatoes so I was mainly making soup for Peter. My mom, dad, aunt and uncle all canned some flats of tomatoes for me in big quart jars for soups and stews this winter from garden Roma's. Well.....they make awesome soup! I just took 1 big jar, added 2 C of chicken broth, 1 C of milk, basil, salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar (it cuts the bitterness of the tomatoes) then used my hand blender to puree it a little with still leaving some chunked tomatoes. It was tasty, I 'll definately make it again. Even Anna liked it. Now that all 3 littles have full happy tummies, this tired mama is heading down for a nap before birthday celebrations begin for Peter's dad tonight.
Did I mention I'm a little sick to my stomach for my last post? Ug...I live in fear of hurting other's feelings or having it be misunderstood in a completely negative way. How I long to get over this! I guess freedom is a process and so is healing.....for those who are reading, thanks for the encouragement......
1 comment:
Bubba Lou. That is absolutely precious!!!
Post a Comment